Oct 21 2022 0 Comments baby essentials baby product baby shower gift chewbeads ecofriendly parenting blog silicone teether silicone teethers silicone teething necklace teether teethers are good teething teething age teething baby teething help teething signs teething sucks teething symptoms teething tips tips for teething why your baby needs a teether
Being a first-time parent is so overwhelming, it's hard to know what products are essential for baby and which are not. When teething begins at 3 months of age, you'll soon discover that teethers are a must have baby item.
Here are 10 reasons you need a teether for your baby:
1. Overall, teethers provide comfort and relief when teething. Babies like the feeling of something firm on their tender gums. It actually helps to provide them some relief.
2. It's a known fact that babies will try to put just about anything in their mouth. This is a natural part of child development. All that mouthing encourages a baby to move their tongue inside their mouth. This gives the child experience of their mouth and gums. These motions help in learning speech sounds.
3. As mentioned in #2, babies put everything in their mouth! Teethers give babies something safe to chew on.
4. Both silicone and wooden teethers are easy to clean with soap and water. Some silicone teethers are dishwasher safe, look at the manufacturers recommendation for cleaning. Wood should never be put in the dishwasher, but cleaned with a damp cloth.
5. Teethers can help improve fine motor skills, spatial awareness, and grip strength.
6. They are a much better alternative to harmful plastics!
7. Silicone teethers are very durable, which is one reason they're great to teethe on.
8. There are no sharp edges on teethers, so no risk of baby cutting their gums.
9. Silicone teethers are soft on baby’s tender gums.
10. Silicone is BPA Free, Phthalate Free, Lead Free, Cadmium Free and Nickel Free.
We offer a great selection of teethers that suit all babies needs. ♥